Subject: [Leica] "Pete"
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:25:08 -0700

"Pete" is a 10-year-old arabian horse at a riding stable near my home.  Each
evening one of the horses is let loose in the riding arena for playtime;
this particular evening it was Pete's turn.

He ran several times at full speed from one end of the arena to the other,
skidding to a stop each time just before crashing into the fence.  I made
several photos as he ran past; this is my favorite:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/pete.html

This was hand-held, panning with the horse.  The file is full-frame.
Cropping suggestions are welcome.

The tech stuff:  Leicaflex SL, 180mm f/3.4 APO-Telyt-R, Kodachrome 64.  Life
is too short for anything less.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com