Subject: [Leica] Lenses ad infinitum
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:05:02 EDT

A lot of discussion here deals with lens quality, choice of focal length and
other technical details of more or less importance. While all of this is
interesting now and then, the content rapidly becomes stale (IMO) even to me,
a confirmed technocrat!

I was looking through my boxes of slides the other night - some of which date
back to the to the early seventies and all taken mostly with Leica reflex
equipment. I was struck by how beautiful many of these old slides are and how
well they bear up against those taken with my newer lenses.

My point is that all you really need is a decent exposure ( bracketing makes
technical issues moot) and any of  the Leica lenses produced over the last 30
years or so will reward you with fabulous results (especially if the shots
are of your own kids (;-)

Bob Figlio