Subject: [Leica] Reflectors WAS use of ND filters
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 04:53:30 -0400

on 6/10/01 10:57 PM, Dan Honemann at ddh@home.com wrote:

> You know, reflectors are something I never even considered, but it sure
> makes a lot of sense now that you mention it.  A very practical (well,
> depending on how big/small the reflector can fold down to) way around a slow
> flash synch limit.  And much more natural lighting I suspect.

oh yeah. It always looks a bit wierd in the flesh but on film it's great. If
you're shooting static subjects OR have a guy called Phil to run around with
you, it beats fill flash hands down for naturalness.

Here's a photo of my long suffering bro-in-law shot by windowlight with a
4'x3' piece of mat board used as a reflector on the right. As you can see it
throws a massive amount of light into the dark side of the face. He appears
to be SURROUNDED by light! I can't remember the exposure but it was probably
1/30 or 1/60 @ f/2.8 on HP5+.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com