Subject: [Leica] lens matching
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:29:42 -0500

Someone on another group posted a url for a Kiev user's manual, and being
the curious guy I am, I found this entry.

"Adjusting the Lens to the Camera
Any replacement of a standard lens with another one is
connected, as a rule, with the necessity of adjusting the
lens to the camera, This can be done in a special camera
repair shop, which the camera with all its lenses should be
taken to." (Kiev 4 manual)

This reminded me of my days in 16mm newsfilm; when we bought a new camera,
and angenieux lens, we'd always send them to Century or one of those shops
out in the other LA to be matched,colliminated and set up for the particular
camera.

That said, now that "some of us" are looking at or using non-leica lenses
for our kits, anyone think this recommendation from the old days has merit?

Regards,

SonC
http://www.sonc.com

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] lens matching)