Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 21mm??? ANY EXPERIENCE????
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:17:31 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/01 5:44:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, imagecom@EUnet.yu
writes:

<< I read rave reviews about Voigtlander's 21mm lens. has anyuone bought it?
 I want that lens to be my only lens for my M6. I sit any good? How
 does it compare to the SA34 or the new 21mmASPH?

I spoke with Tom A. this afternoon about this lens. He says it is excellent,
has used one and they are due into the States very soon. I didn't ask him
specifically about a comparison with the 21 ASPH. My strong guess is that it
will not compare optically with the ASPH but of course, it does not compare
financially either. If I recall, Tom said that the SA 3.4 was probably
sharper at full aperture but differences stopped down were nominal. Of
course, the SA 3.4 will not meter on the M6.

Further deponent knoweth not.         Seth     LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 21mm??? ANY EXPERIENCE????)