Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question
From: ShadCat11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:01:50 EDT

<<After years of struggling with metal reels I have just bought a Paterson
super system 4 tank like I used to use. What I forgot, however, was that
the Paterson tanks take very little developer - 290ml for the 35mm
single reel tank. I have been getting very good results with XTOL 1:3
but 290/4 is only 72ml of stock & Kodak says that 100 is required. Is it
OK to fudge the 100ml requirement, or should I go to 1:2 dilution?>>

I would round it off (up) to the nearest easily divisible volume that
conforms to the Kodak advisory.

<<BTW, before I get jumped on for turning my back on tradition, I still
prefer metal reels for 120.

Simon Stevens>>

It is to laugh!  I use both for 120, but prefer the Paterson for 120.  That's
partly because I can also use the same tanks and reels for 220, but mostly
because I find the system works like a charm.  OTOH, I find it clumsy for 35
mm.  Go figure.

Allen Zak