Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: I'm Ruining My Glasses
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:16:58 -0700

I guess I should elaborate. Safety standards for lens thickness in the
States are higher than in Europe/Asia. So your glass lenses will be
thicker and heavier. If you have a strong prescription like me, this
makes glass an undesirable option. (Whereas I could possibly get my
prescription filled in Europe or Asia with a thinner lens)

Furthermore I've heard that children in the States cannot get "glass"
lenses. I don't know how hard and fast this is across the country,
or how it works in the rest of the world.

Byron.