Subject: RE: [Leica] Meter shut-off/shutter lock
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 22:50:58 +0100

Stephen Patriquen wrote:

"Another reason I didn't like this camera"

So don't buy one.

"which should really be called the FE3A, as it has the inferior (IMHO) FE
meter read-out."

Who cares what it's *called* for heaven's sake? As far as I'm concerned they
can call it "Eric the Armadillo" as long as it works.

"I understand that left-eye preference is associated with left-handedness"

Not really. Plenty of people lose sight asymmetrically as they age. My
brother, for example, is right handed. He *used* to be right-eyed, but lost
most of the sight in his right eye through illness and is now left-eyed
through necessity.

"Does this mean that 80% of (right-handed) users should be disadvantaged to
accommodate the 20%?"

I fail to see how right handed users (or right eyed ones) are disadvantaged
by this. Clearly Nikon felt that there was commercial advantage in listening
to - and acting upon - the complaints.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.