Subject: [Leica] M3 Rangefinder Patch Problem
From: "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 14:12:12 +1000

I asked a question about dim rangefinder's earlier in the week but I may not
have phrased it correctly. I am interested in purchasing an M3. It is a
double stroke in beautiful condition, however focussing is difficult because
the rangefinder patch appears dim to me. The split image is only faint. Can
this problem be repaired ? .

The shop owner  where the camera is for sale says that it is a repair that
should only be carried out by Leica in Germany. He says the rangefinder
prism's are desilvering. He says that Leica Germany would simply fit  new M6
prisms. Can anyone confirm that this would be correct ?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Tony Salce

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] M3 Rangefinder Patch Problem)
Message from "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> ([Leica] M3 Rangefinder question)