Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 21mm??? ANY EXPERIENCE????
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:57:24 -0700

It's permanently on my IIIa. As far as rave reviews go, I wouldn't go
that far. You have to remember it is not a Leica lens, hence it is not a
substitute for any current Leica lense.
I've had both the S/A f4 & f3.4. While I can say it outperforms the f4
with confidence, I can't say as much when it's up against the f3.4.
The vignetting is very well controlled and the contrast is better than
any "period" lens it replaces.
As far as sharpness goes, Im' still working that out. I'm wondering if
maybe this is an optic that needs to be mated to an appropriate film
emulsion? My results with Neopan 400 & 1600 have not yielded prints that
are satisfactory, i.e. within my standard parameters.
I'll be trying that Ilford deltoid next to see where it takes me.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 21mm??? ANY EXPERIENCE????)