Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica r 60
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:01:12 -0400

Mehrdad Sadat <m.sadat@verizon.net> wrote:

> Does anybody shoot with this lens? any opinions on the
> optics/contrast and build would be appreciated as I have
> a sudden erg to buy one. I need help on the support my
> decision with how good this lens is and ... or help with
> keeping the $$.

Spend the $$. :-) I use the 60 Elmarit as my "normal" SLR lens. The optics
are first-rate...truly lovely imaging qualities. Focusing within the normal
range for a lens of this length is a snap. Close focusing is sure and
precise. I have a 50 Summicron R as well, which I must confess I don't use
much. Pics taken with the 60 seem to have a little extra juice to 'em.

For close-up work the 100 f/2.8 does give you a more comfortable working
distance in many cases. But for general use it's too heavy for my taste. The
60, OTOH, balances well on a Leicaflex or R.

- -Dave-