Subject: Re: [Leica] DC Lug get-together
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:46:36 -0700

><Snip>
> Actually I have been trying to figure out how to do some decent 'rain'
> photography.
>
> sl

Rain moves a lot faster than you think it does. You can maybe get it at your
highest shutter speed but maybe no. At 125th it wont look like rain it will look
like fog.
And at 1000th even with Neopan 1600 you may not get enough depth of field with
the aperture you have to end up using.
Some of the best rain shots I've gotten with a flash.
(Also good for astrophotography on dark nights)

the flash goes off at a 20/000 of a second and will capture the rain.

I got sleet in the air and ground though with my Leica.

Frozen ice must fall much slower i was amazed i got it.

IN Hollywood the rain only exists a few feet from the camera. I hear they don't
shoot in real rain because it does not look like real rain.

Perhaps a garden hose would help out that project?

Mark Rabiner
and a water truck

Portland, Oregon
USA