Subject: Re: [Leica] somewhat OT: seeking film/devo combination reference
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:41:06 -0400

on 6/7/01 1:56 PM, Michael Waldron at Michael@cadogan.net wrote:

> I have read a number of helpful film/devo posts.  The point of this post is
> that I am looking for some type of reference book, if such a thing exists,
> showing the grain, curve, of various combinations with some exemplary
> images of what can be done.  I would find a catalog of the "look" of
> various combos helpful in exploring some options for myself.  FWIW, I use
> M2 for environmental portraits in and outdoors.  However, I just started
> using it with strobes inside, which is fun (very mobile with remote trigger).

I don't think there is such a thing. The nearest I know of are these two
wonderful volumes

    The Film Developing Cookbook
    by Stephen G. Anchell, Bill Troop (Plastic Comb)

    The Darkroom Cookbook
    by Stephen G. Anchell, Steve Anchell (Paperback - December 1994)

which IMO no b/w photographer should be without.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] somewhat OT: seeking film/devo combination reference)