Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 exposure meter
From: "Edward Mortimer" <munkfishy2k@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:40:34 -0000

I also have been experiencing some wierd things with my meter. In the manual
it says that even with low batterys and as long as the LED's appear the
meter should still read accuratly, however i found this not to be the case.
What actually would happen is that on first depressing the shutter release
lightly the meter would give a correct reading ,but a few secounds later the
exposure values would drop and i would have increase the exposure to get
both LEDS to light up, even though the light had stayed the same. So, i
changed the batterys for some new ones and it worked properly. However that
was about 4-5 days ago and now the same problem seems to be occuring, but
this time only when i keep the meter on reading light values for about 1-2
mins. When the meter is left alone for a few minutes the LED's seem bright
again and the meter reads accuratly. In the manual it says that a new set of
batterys should have an estimated length of 4,800 exposures,mmm , either my
M6 eats batterys or thaeve got their facts wrong.
Wenli, i would put some fresh batterys in and see if the values still differ
or not.
Anyone else have these problems?

Regards Edd