Subject: Re: [Leica] A Message from the Inky Abyss
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:51:40 -0700

Cummer Family wrote:

> I asked Mr. Leung to look at the Hexar service manual and read with my own
> eyes that the back focus is 28mm +/- 0.03mm - not the 0.06 which Erwin
> reported on May 9 2001 to the LUG:
>[snip]

DR. BLACKTAPE WONDERS...

Is it conceivable that The Great Putts, world expert in all things
optical, High Priest of The Church of Solms, could have made such an
obvious mistake? Or might one infer from this that the Great Putts for
some indiscernable reason might want to make folks THINK that the RF is,
in essence, incompatible with Leica lenses, and, therefore, it would be
foolish for anyone wanting to use Leica glass to purchase an RF?
Hmmmmmmm. Naw. Couldn't be. Next thing you know we'll be ready to
believe that Ford and Firestone had a vague idea of what might happen if
you put deflated tires on an Explorer...

	The Good Doktor

On Thu, 10 May 2001 Erwin Puts wrote:

> The Konica facts have as source the Konica Headquarters Europe, in Germany. I
> spoke to the service people there, who reproduced wordly (from the English
> specification details) that the film register is 28.00mm plus/minus 0.03.

Conspiracy theories aside, it sounds like the Good Doktor has been nippin'
at the Nembutal.

Guy