Subject: [Leica] fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy...
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

after whacking my voigtlander 35 against a pipe in a bucharest sewer the
front element was wobbly, although it still took perfectly sharp pictures.
i sent it out for service (seems i'd sheered some screw or other off) and
it came back nice and fixed looking, but the focus was off. a roll of
photos of a lens test chart proved this. so i sent it back along with the
m6 which needed to have the vertical RF adjusted anyway (it got knocked
out of whack when the camera fell off a chair about 2 years ago). they're
going to get back to me with an estimate.

i have a multifouldenous question which i will place, like a
plate of tasty spaghetti before your collective wisdom:

1) how much should i expect to pay for a vertical RF adjustment on the
   M6?

2) how likely is it that the focus is screwed up in the M6 body itself
   rather than in the lens?

3) at what $$$ point should i say "you're ripping me off you jerk, i'll
   gut you like a pig" for adjusting the focus on the back of the lens?

thanks for your time and expertise,

kc