Subject: Re: [Leica] What do you do with your Images?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:54:07 -0700

George Lottermoser wrote:

> mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com (Mark Rabiner)6/4/0111:56 AM
>
> > Ring light?
> Think fill. Think tape up 3/4 of the ring for direction control.
> Think rapid fall-off at night. I've used these rings with its
> original 110v AC power supply and I understand its problems and
> limitations. But it also has valueable uses and would supply lots
> of fun with a battery power source.
>
> George

I think permanently screwing up the helicals on my 150 Sonnar for good.
I think not getting the strobelight into the lens.
I think root canal.
I think Quincy, M.E.!

I ended up holding my Balcar Ring light over my lens or putting it on an on
camera flash bracket.
In stead having an eerie thin shadow on BOTH sides of my subject i had NONE!
as the shadow falls behind the subject where you don't see it when it is right
over the lens axis.

Mark Q. Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA