Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL questions
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:47:21 -0700

Some of the answers to this question appear to be a bit imprecise.
The facts that I have observed on my TTL are:

1. Unless the shutter has been cocked, the exposure meter cannot be
activated and the battery will not drain.

2. The "B" position and the "Off" position of the shutter control
have an identical effect.

3. The non-TTL M6 instructions clearly state that when the camera is
put away, the shutter should be set to the "B" position to prevent
accidental battery drain.

4. When I asked the representative during Leica Day at Keep-it and
Shove-it why the redundant "Off" position when "B" does the same
thing, he smirked and said "That's Leica."

Herb

>Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 23:42:19 +0200
>From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
>Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL questions
>I just received my new M6 0.58 from Rich at Photo Village. Great deal,
>great camera. The only thing is that in the instructions it says that
>the shutter button has to be in the OFF position when putting the camera
>in the bag or just not using it for longer periods, even if the shutter
>has been released and the light meter is not active. Can this really be
>true? What are other TTL owners' experiences?
>
>Nathan
>
>- --
>Nathan Wajsman
>Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland