Subject: Re: [Leica] Cropping and the whole damn thing [was: Digital cropping]
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:53:42 -0500

I was taught to crop with your viewfinder when you take the picture. Works in
all formats. Fill the viewfinder and cropping may or may not be needed. Most
snapshots are taken too far away. While at Notre Dame in Paris last month, there
was a snap shooter there taking a picture of her husband in front of the church.
She kept telling him to back up until he was at least 30 feet from her. This was
a P&S, no zoom camera too. I bet he was not even recognizable.