Subject: Re: [Leica] Grand Canyon lens?
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:45:00 -0700

Hi Ted...thanks for your very thoughtful (and delicate) answer, immensely
helpful for my next trip.  For now I did my  best, so I'll sit back and wait
for my finished images to return.... (maybe) more later...Steve

> Steve Barbour wrote

> Dave responded:
:-)<<<

> Steve wrote::  Uh oooooh... <<<< :-)
> >>Uh oooooh... do I sense  a line drive coming right back at the
> pitcher...?!<<<<
>
>  Man I love it when the door is opened so beautifully! ;-) Don't you just
> love it, thanks Steve. :-)
>
> Hi Steve, it's coming right back at you ! ;-0  However, nicely.:-)
>
> I tried to shoot the Grand Canyon last year and it's such an awe inspiring
> location I think it's impossible to do it justice to it's full extent in
one
> still photograph. Yep I've seen some nice overalls, lots of bits and
pieces
> of smaller canyons, rock faces, holes here there and everywhere.
>
> But I've never seen one that takes your breath away as viewing the
original
> item. I had the good fortune to be there in a snow storm which gave some
> completely different looks to the place which worked nicely because I used
> the snow covered trees in the foreground to frame the canyon below.
>
> My first reaction to the snow storm was depressing, I just wanted to get
out
> of there as it wasn't snow I came for, in effect, the snow was a blessing
in
> disguise. Otherwise I would probably have come away with the same old
> sunshine type images that looked like all the other Grand Canyon pictures
we
> see.
>
> What lens to use? I have to say that's a toughie simply because if you use
> wide or super wide you must have some strong compositional element in the
> foreground to add to the enormity of the what lies before you.
>
> When you first walk up to the edge and look out at this magnificent sight
> imagine you reacted as I did,  "Look at that, my God it's enormous!"
Camera

Message from "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Grand Canyon lens?)
Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Grand Canyon lens?)
Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Grand Canyon lens?)