Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 13:19:57 -0700

Seth wrote:
>> Ask our Australian buddies how much Leica gear costs.

Austin responded:
>Yeah, but I'm talking about US, not Australia.  I don't know much about
>Australia, except that it's "down under".  Perhaps, the oppressive import
>duties etc. is the reason it is "down under" ;-)

But Ausin, in the post that spurred this exchange you asked:

>How come no other country gets "abused", price wise, like the US does for
>camera goods?

And when folks point out that in certain other countries Leica gear costs
even more than in the US, you respond: "Yeay, but I'm talking about the US,
not about those other places"

What kind of double talk is that?

The fact is that Leica prices are *not* higher in the US than anywhere else
in the world. The stuff costs more than in certain places (Germany, Hong
Kong) and less than in others (France, Australia).

Guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (RE: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used)