Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty & New vs. Used
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 08:37:14 -0700

The issue becomes what the word "presence" means...  Most if not all of the
off shore manufacturers have a US company set up to handle their US
sales.... that entity is distinctly and legally different from the
manufacturer, who is a different company....

Leica GMBH is a separate company from Leica USA.  Therefore Leica USA is
(probably) nor required to service items sold by Leica GMBH outside their
franchise area ( USA ). This is the basis for the Nikon USA stand on gray
market import..... At one time, I heard Nikon USA would not service, for a
fee, items that were not bought in the USA.

Weasel wording sucks but it is a reality we deal with, along with lawyers
and stupid lawsuits.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@camera-collectors.com> (RE: [Leica] Warranty & New vs. Used)