Subject: [Leica] Odd Vivitar SM Lens
From: "David L. Duff" <duffdl@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 21:03:41 -0700

Hello Luggers,
    I've come across an odd Vivitar lens apparently in Leica thread
mount as it fits my old C***n IVSB2 and my LTM to M adapter rings. It
appears also to be anodized black, 135mm f/3.5, and has two aperture
rings (one for pre-set?). The front filter ring says P&B (Ponder and
Best, mid 70's to early 80's?) TELE VIVITAR. Filter thread appears to be
about 46mm. It also has no rangefinder coupling that I can find (at
least it doesn't couple to my C***n), and at close distances appears to
not be very adaptable to having a coupling readily made. Any ideas of
what it might have gone to?
    TIA, David L. Duff.