Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Adding warming gel to SF-20 flash?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:37:46 -0700

I think you could imagine the explanation is both theory and real.....  The
reality of filtering flash tubes is not mine, just hearsay that I believe.
The fact of the wavelengths of light that a flashtube contains is fact and I
have tested that in the lab ( optical lab, non-photographic).

If you want real wide and flat bandwidth light sources, you need to use
something besides a flashtube.

Does general work in practice on photographic film?  I am not knowledgeable
in that area.  Does it NOT work in certain specific applications?  yes, it
does not work.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net