Subject: [Leica] RE: Eye controlled AF
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:52:35 +0200

It is my understanding that Canon left the eye control off the EOS1V.

The EOSe and the EOS1N have it. Maybe Canon felt that pros wouldn't use it
when they made the deciasion to leave it off the 1V.
- - --------------------------

The pro cameras from Canon have not eye controlled AF so the EOS1N hasn't.
At least mine hadn't. But it is due to the fact that it is almost impossible
fit a 100% view finder and ECAF. Eos 3 has this interesting system but
finder is less than 100% and Eos 1V has 100% viewing but no ECAF. Some pros
I know do prefer use it and others don't..However more and more press pros
use D30 which has not ECAF just for a problem of cost... It is the most
affordable digital SLR...

Kind regards and excuse this OT

Félix

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: Eye controlled AF)