Subject: Re: [Leica] Adding warming gel to SF-20 flash?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 12:16:29 -0700

Dan Honemann wrote:

> Gary,
>
> I haven't measured it, but I had the same impressions.  I solved mine by
> putting a piece of white paper (on which I drew several yellow dots with a
> highlighter) between the diffuser and the flash--a poor man's warming
> filter.  Works for me.

As an extensive user of warmed flash may i warn about forgetting to take it off
for your black and white. Unless you like the look an 81a or other orangey
filtration gives you black and white fleshiness. Pasty! Pale lips. No freckles
That is why i had to come up with a more flexible system than ones using tape.
I attached an 81a gel to the UV filter for the Vivitar flashes.
This slid in and out the holder with no problem.
Warm flash is nice becuae as the background cools it enhances the feeling of distance.
in color.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA