Subject: [Leica] Re: Cartier Bresson and Leica
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:06:33 -0400

At 4:09 -0700 6/2/1, a fine scholar, Bobby Law wrote:

>Hi:
>I have a couple of questions which I hope all of you Leica fans out there
>won't mind answering. Thanks!
>
>1) Does anyone know which model of the Leica was bought by Henri Cartier
>Bresson in 1932? Which model of the Leica does he still use today?

1932 was the year the Leica II was introduced, but I don't know if that is
what he had. Don't know about now either.

>2) Did Leica ever make a rangefinder with a leaf shutter? If yes, which model?
Yes. There were two made with leaf shutters from '26 to'41. Both were known
as the Leica B. The earlier ones had dial set shutters and the latter ring
set shutters. In the '60s there was also the Compur Summicron in screw
mount that could be used with the screw muont cameras. All of these are
quite rare. ($$$$)

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>