Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB Panoramic head
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsleica@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 02:33:14 -0000

I'll second the Kaidan heads.  I have a Kiwi+ and use it with OM system
cameras.  It's VERY flexible and will accomodate just about any camera and
lens.

Be careful trying to do stitched panoramas with a Leica M.  For the
panoramas to to turn out right, the camera must turn level around the nodal
point of the lens.  With an SLR, you can determine the nodal point by
looking through the viewfinder and observing the parrallex shift.  With an M
camera, you will probably have to do some experimentation and film testing
and carefully record your settings discover where the nodal point is for
each lens.

Skip