Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Two new pix
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:46:09 -0500

> Steve,
> I tried to adjust the curves to lighten up the midtones, and like you say,
> the image looks washed out. I just replaced this picture with the original
scan.
> What I mean is that the image is slightly soft, and with a low contrast.
> Compare with the picture below, where black is black and not greyish.
> A picture with the Summilux 35asph would have been produced a sharp picture
> of the woman, provided that the focus was correct, of course.
> /Hans
>
>> > http://www.geocities.com/hanspahlen/brussels.htm
>
>> Those pictures are very interesting, especially #1 which seems to be washed
>> out. Is that a result of using the 35/1.4 at 1.4? And is that the 35/1.4
>> fingerprint you mention?

That looks a bit better to my eye. My questions is (because I only use B&W
with the 35/1.4) is the 35/1.4 ASPH that much better than the pre-ASPH at
wide-open? I had always thought the biggest failing of the pre-ASPH was
flare from bright light while shooting at 1.4.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se> ([Leica] Was Two new pix-Now 35/1,4)