Subject: [Leica] Metz
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:48:16 -0700

Thanks to all who sent info.  By now, I know what unit and SCA I
need.  I received email saying that B&H has it, but I prefer to buy
from the local Bear Images when I can--they have been so damn nice
over the years.  I probably will have to wait for the SCA because the
importer, Bogen, is temporarily out of them.  But, I'm not in a
hurry--flash is a very low priority for me.

I knew that AAA camera was sleazy.  I just took a chance since one
does have protection when using a credit card.  The only mail order
houses I'm sure of, especially for used stuff are B & H and KEH.  I
have heard one or two good things said about Adorama, but have never
used them.  Any info?

I bought my M6 TTL used from B & H and the Canadian 35 mm Summicron from KEH.

Incidentally, going from the sublime to the ridiculous, I have to
admit to having bought and Olympus Stylus Epic yesterday.  The price
was right $70, and I wanted something cheap and small enough to carry
in a pants pocket without having to worry about keys or coins
damaging it.

Hoping to meet some of you Fri and Sat at Keep-it and Shove-it in Palo Alto.

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner
kanner@acm.org