Subject: RE: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: "Carleton, Sam" <Sam.Carleton@FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:45:57 -0400

Dave,

I agree with you on most everything you said.  But I do have an opinion on
the statement:

"If Leica M were just like my Nikon F, I'd use Leica M."

There are some things about the M that is totally unique to the M.  For me
the two big features that provoked me to buy the Leica are the M's low
profile and ability to focus in bad lighting situations.  There are other
things about other cameras which would be really nice to have on the M.

Upping the flash sync and/or upping the top shutter speed is not going to
turn a Leica M into a Nikon F.  It is going to turn the Leica M into a
camera that is more flexible then it is today.

Sam