Subject: RE: [Leica] No more leicas
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:28:06 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: Felix_Lopez_de_Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sent: May 31, 2001 7:02:53 PM GMT

*some* of us, even owning  a Leica, do prefer to have such  devices
as AF, spot metering and autobracketing in a SLR and I hope we deserve
respect.
<<<

You don't need my respect, you need to use what's best for you.  If you find
that you require AF and autobracketing then go for it.  I won't hold you
back.

I do get tired of people making blanket statements about how AF and other
automated features are nessesary - not that you did - as a blanket statement
it just ain't so.  Some people find these features handy or nessesary for
the way they work, so go ahead and use 'em.  I'm only saying that more
automation isn't always the only choice.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com