Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: All possible mistakes..
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:03:35 -0400

on 5/31/01 2:11 PM, william lawlor at wvl@infinex.com wrote:

> After doing it for 45 years I was also sure I would not do the following..
> A few weeks ago I developed a roll of Tri-X in Photo Flow! Now
> there's a roll of thin negs. The Lesson, don't store XTOL and
> Photo-Flo in the same kind of bottle!

LOL

I haven't done THAT yet.

Thin, yeah. But I bet they were *darn* clean.

My most common mistake is loading film into a can and then leaving it for a
couple of days, then forgetting completely what kind of film it is. Of
course in 4x5 you can just feel the notches but in 35mm all you can do is
pray. Yeah I know stick to one film but life's not that simple.

4x5 of course gives you an almost infinite number of combinations of ways of
screwing things up. I have not even got through one percent of one percent
of them yet, not for want of trying either.

The WORST is unloading film backs into a box, then loading from the box into
a tank, studiously remembering to close the tank but thereby forgetting to
close the still-half-full box of film before you turn the light on.

My wife heard me screaming from two floors up.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com