Subject: RE: [Leica] No more leicas
From: "Vozeh, Colin" <cvozeh@longitude.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:33:04 -0400

In speaking with one of the gentlemen behind the counter at the B&H used
department, he commented that many of the Leica users that shop there also,
like me, use Canon.  He suggested that perhaps it was because the
focus-rings turn in the same direction.  I guess there's some truth in that
- - I have an old Pentax Spotmatic which turns in the opposite direction and
really drives me nuts.

Canon has some really sweet lenses, and USM zooms are great for quick
photography.  And I still feel that for ultimate precision, nothing beats
careful autofocus, spot metering, and auto-bracketing.  Good luck with the
1V. :)

C.

"That is the test of the true artist - always being dissatisfied and always
doubting one's own ability."

Rodin to Steichen