Subject: Re: [Leica] LEE'S PAW
From: Nathan Wajsman <>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 06:57:41 +0200

Hi Lee,

Catching up my viewing, I like the following of your recent PAWs:

Zoom (May 12): great expression, focus, just the right depth of field.

New World (May 19): at first I thought that the picture is boring and
unbalanced, with all the interest in the left side. But then I noticed the funny
juxtaposition of the green light and the guy in jeans walking by, and now I like
it. I do think it would have worked better if you had moved in closer and if the
other guy with the umbrella were not there, but of course you could not control

I confess that the visual experiments on May 26 do not strike me as particularly
worthwhile, but then again, I have seen pictures like this enlarged to mural
size and exhibited as Art, so what do I know ;-)

Lee Bacchus wrote:

> This PAW thing is obviously getting to me. Wearied of trying to shoot the
> same old shinola, so I committed some experimental visual sabotage with some
> kodachrome and tri-x
> ( These
> are hardly the pinnacle of aesthetics and will entice few tastes, so feel
> free to pass on this week.
> Lee Bacchus
> Vancouver.

- --