Subject: [Leica] 100 macro elmar bellows modifications
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:52:12 -0700

Hi.  I am new to this forum and to Leica.  I posted this once before, but
evidently I did someting wrong as I never saw it in the digest or in the
archives.  I'll try again.  I have "graduated" from Rollei SL-35 that I have
used for almost 30 years.  I hope to learn a lot from all of you.  Already
have in the week or so I have been reading.

I came across a 100/4 Elmar-R lens serial 229xxxx.  My understanding of cams
is not great, but it is what I would call a one cam lens.  The bellows I
have is a Novoflex Auto bellows that has two cam controls in it.  I
presently use the lens in stop down mode which requires I use the DOF
preview lever all the time to stop the lens down during meter readings.  My
Zeiss lenses for my Rollei had a lever on the lens that I could put the auto
diaphragm into manual mode.  I have toyed with the idea of disabling the
stop down cam/lever on the bellows because I some time forget to use the DOF
lever for metering.  This, of course, only works in manual meter mode as
Aperture Priority mode takes the meter reading before the lens is stopped
down.  I have not done this because I also use the 50 and 90 lenses sometime
on the bellows and Iike the full aperture viewing and the aperture priority
metering.

So, my question is, can this lens be modified to have a two cam system
added?  I know the 2 cam lenses can be modified to 3 cam, but how about the
one cam bellows lenses?

Do the later versions of this lens have two or three cams?

Thanks.

Replies: Reply from "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] 100 macro elmar bellows modifications)