Subject: Re: [Leica] Heavy Duty Travel Case Recommendations Needed
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:16:14 -0700 (pdt)

Gabe Wrote:
 > Hello there.  I'm going to be doing some heavy
 > travelling and need either a Pelican or Halliburton case to travel
 > my equipment.  I needed some recommendations.  I will be traveling
 > 1 Medium Format Body, 1 lens, 2 M's 2 lenses, a large SLR and 2 lenses
 > and the various other stuff that goes along with it.  I was looking at
 > the Pelican 1550 and a large Zero Halliburton but I have no experience
 > with either.  Any help would truly be appreciated.  These will also be
 > checked in with baggage claim so heavy duty is the key.  Thanks. Gabe

 Gabe,

I don't recommend checking on as baggage on airlines any luggage containing cameras. Read the fine print on your ticket as to their liability. Throughout my years of extensive air travel with my equipment I have always carried it on with me. A case you may wish to consider can be seen at:

http://www.justcases.com/airlinecase.html

Or any other case that falls within the 22"x14"x9" airline carry on size limitation.

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Heavy Duty Travel Case Recommendations Needed)