Subject: [Leica] Introduction - Gary Brook
From: "Gary Brook" <gbrook@interact.net.au>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 18:03:30 +1000

With the help of a fellow LUGer (many thanks Kyle) I was recently able to
sort out my e-mail to the extent I could at long last post to the group.  I
have been lurking for some time but not entirely of my own volition.  I have
corresponded with a few members over the last couple of years but felt I was
not contributing to the exchanges within the LUG to the extent I though
necessary.  I hope to redress that in the near future without stretching too
many friendships in the process.

I am a self taught amateur, shoot mainly colour negative and enjoy
photographing a wide range of subjects.  That having been said my principal
interest is people and to that end I run a modest wedding/portrait business.
It began generating too much income to be regarded as a hobby so.....  I
mainly use an unmentionable brand of A/F SLRs for the weddings but for some
time have been taking an M6 with fast Fuji portrait film as well.  It
produces prints that are noticeably different, as it should, but is also a
reassuring mechanical backup if everything else fails.

I grew to appreciate the aesthetics of a rangefinder through my interest and
eventual use of a couple of the older Canon models.  I found their optics to
be excellent for their age and to have a sublime quality all of their own.
Sounds familiar doesn't it?  Anyway, several years and much agonising later
I am happily committed to the Leica M system.  Enough for now.  Regards,

Gary Brook