Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Fotographie in Canada
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 09:53:53 +0200

I feel that way too (about the articles coming round and round). That is why I no
longer subscribe to the general photography magazines like Amateur Photographer. I
look at them at the newsstands and buy them if there is an interesting story.
Switzerland is a small, internationally oriented country, so it is easy to find a
variety of magazines at just about any newsstand. I occasionally buy the French
mags Réponses Photo and Chasseur d'Images also. For subscriptions, I do stick with
Photo Techniques (US version) as I find it excellent. LFI has improved, I agree,
but I find it not worth the rather expensive subscription. Erwin's articles are
excellent, sure, but I can get them for free from his website and other sources.

The magazines that focus on photographs, on the other hand, I enjoy. For example,
Lenswork (US) or Katalog (Denmark).

Nathan

Dan Cardish wrote:

> If I can't get it from a Canadian source, I probably won't bother to pursue
> the "issue" (DOH!), but I actually didn't mind the magazine.  I like some
> of the portfolios that have appeared in it recently (particluarly after the
> change in format), and some of the recent technical articles (such as the
> one's by Erwin) were interesting.   But I won't lose sleep if my
> subscription lapses permanently (and it is fairly pricey).  But then, I am
> feeling the same about most of the photo magazines I have been buying
> religiously, such as Photo Techniques (US) and Camera Arts.  I have a ton
> of back issues of PT and Camera and Darkroom  dating back to the 80's I am
> about to gather up and toss out.   There are only so many photography
> magazine articles I can read before things start going round and round.
>
> dan c.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland