Subject: Re: [Leica] model releases etc.
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:31:49 -0400

on 5/23/01 11:01 PM, Dan Cardish at dcardish@sympatico.ca wrote:

> This makes no sense at all.   The people pictured at my various web sites
> have all signed model releases, and I additionally have obtained their
> verbal agreement to the web publication of their photographs.

You miss the point, Dan. There are a whole load of moral majority folks who
think that publishing pictures of women's breasts and butts and pubic hair
where their kids can see them is wrong, just as you think what I do is
wrong. I don't agree with them. Go ahead and shoot what you want.

My point is, why should your view prevail and theirs not? I am not
addressing the question of releases.

> I don't publish my web site addresses here or anywhere for that matter.  In
> fact I have fought battles with several search engines to have the URL you
> posted below removed from their data bases (Yahoo, Google).   People who
> view my web site  do so by seeking it out, such as yourself.  The amazing
> thing is that if you search for "cardish" in most of the standard search
> engines (Yahoo, Google, Alta Vista, Lycos), you get a different page than
> this one.   Makes me wonder...

What does it make you wonder? Don't tease us, please.

I got this from Google, because I was genuinely intrigued to know what kind
of pictures you thought were okay. I searched for "Dan Cardish Photography".
The first link it brought up was

    http://www.fineartnude.com/webring/

I scrolled down and there was the link to your site.

> You really ARE a pig.

*sigh*

- --
John Brownlow