Subject: [Leica] Re: Recommendation and help on buying a Leica camera.
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 19:24:09 -0500

Satish:

>I was complaining to my instructor how my pictures weren't
>very sharp, and he mentioned how he had a student who had very good,
>sharp pictures and that student was using Leica equipment.  My
>instructor's advice to me was that I would get a much better value
>buying used Leica gear than buying new something else gear for similar
>price ranges (from whatever I looked, the new Leica cameras are way
>beyond my price range).

"I know somebody who knows somebody who gets good results from brand x."
That's not a very good reason--in my mind--to switch to brand x, regardless
of how good brand x is.

With all due respect, that's the wrong reason to buy into a different camera
system.  Why aren't your pictures sharp?  There many be reasons outside of
the camera itself.  There is no guarantee you'll get sharp pictures simply
by switching brands.

What are you currently using?  Are you wanting a reflex or a rangefinder?

Eric