Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Users digest V20 #29
From: "Mose, J P" <j.p.mose@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:09:12 -0500

Subject:  21mm Elmarit ASPH vs. non-ASPH

Greetings:

I'm having trouble with the "search" feature on my computer so please excuse
my question if it is redundant.  I would like to purchase a 21mm for my M6.
I'd like to hear your opinions on the ASPH versus the previous version.   I
am finicky like many Leica users but also trying to be practical ($$$).
Most of my shots are: Tech Pan or TMAX 100; enlargements 11X14 or under;
very few at f/2.8.  Would I see a big difference?

Also, I'd like to thank all of you who provided me advice last week on the
Focotar lenses and use of Point Light Source...bad news and bad news...I
lost the bid on the Focotar-2 and I won the bid on the Point Light Source
which sounds like it will be a nightmare! I ended up buying a new APO
Componon 45mm f/4, which by the way, the tech. folks at Schneider claims is
a bit sharper than the APO Componon 40mm f/2.8.

I really appreciate all of you...your attention to detail is paramount!  The
jokes aren't bad either!

J. P. Mose