Subject: [Leica] 21/4 first experience and user report
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:25:05 -0000

Hi,

a few days ago a got my  21/4 skopar from Cameraquest.

The lens is really well made, looks more "professional" than the 25 skopar.

What I like:
- - the overall very good result (I shoot only two films yet a velvia and a
XP2) but I cannot compare with any of the Leica 21mm since I do not own any.
- - the vignetting and distorsion are very well controlled
- - the viewfinder is great and has the same kind of frame that a leica one,
with a doted line for close shooting ( a lot better than the 25mm
viewfinder)
- - the lever to adjust the focus
- - the size and weight

What I don't like:
- - the max ap. of f4 (hard when using mostly the 35/1.4)
- - very prone to flare when the sun is in or close to the frame (this is the
same with the 25)
- - not possible to set the distance without the small lever

I think this a very good deal for a lens that I will use less than for 5% of
my pic! :-)

krgds,

logan