Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm Elmarit-M and the .58 M6
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:08:46 -0700

>I am a new owner of a .58 M6.  I was wondering what the scoop is with the
>24mm Elmarit-M.  My understanding is that there is a view finder which
>slides onto the hot shoe.  Is this necessary to use the view finder with the
>.58 M6?
>
>Sam

Sam,

I use both the .58 M6 and the 24 Elmarit M, and always use the external VF
because I like to frame my shots as precisely as possible, and am not able
to do so to my satisfaction through the internal VF. The two views
(internal/external VFs) may be close, but they are definitely not close
enough for me.

Why not go to your local dealer, ask to see a .58 body with a 24 lens *and*
VF, then compare for yourself the view through the internal vs the external
VF? You can decide for yourself whether or not it will work for you.

Guy