Subject: Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation
From: Gilbert Plantinga <gilplant@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:56:53 -0400

on 5/22/01 12:27 PM, mdelman at mdelman@rochester.rr.com wrote:

> Tina:
>
> Unless you are printing commercially, you are scanning at resolutions that
> are not likely to result in improvement in print output on a standard inkjet
> or digital minilab system.  It's not that there's anything particularly
> wrong with a high resolution scan.... it's just it takes up so much space on
> your hard drive.  Try printing out at various resolutions.  I suspect that
> you can't see much difference above 300 or 600 dpi.
>
> -Mark

Not true if one is printing with Piezography as Tina is. I found a big
difference between the Nikon LS 2000 (2700 dpi) and The Polaroid SS 4000
when I started blowing them up to 13 X 19. Piezpgraphy works best with a
resolution works well with 360 dpi, but better with 720+ dpi. Granted this
is not "print output on a standard inkjet."

Gilbert

Replies: Reply from "mdelman" <mdelman@rochester.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation)
Reply from "smhickel" <smhickel@iserv.net> (Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation)