Subject: Re: [Leica] A new image with my RF. (wk 20)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:54:41 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sent: May 22, 2001 5:38:59 PM GMT

Michael,

I always enjoy looking at your photos every week even though I may not
comment. A lot of people, myself included, may not feel qualified to comment
on the merits of a picture. But still sometimes I feel disappointed with the
lack of response from my PAW, especially when I think I have a knock-em-dead
photo. but that is the way it goes. This PAW exercise has been great
discipline for all of us doing it and now I go into it every week not
expecting anything, if I get some replies, all the better.

I agree with a couple others that this weeks picture could stand on its own
with no caption. The picture itself, for me, captures the isolation and
dependence that a child must feel. It tells a story, and I like that. Keep
it up.

sl

> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk20.html
> This weeks image. OR
> http://www.goodphotos.com/1aWk.html
> the whole project page. OR
> http://www.goodphotos.com/OneAWk/optional1aWk.html
> the whole project thumbnailed.
>
> Comments always welcome. For those of you on all the same lists, sorry for
> the repetition of this post but I'm broadening my scope to see if I can
get
> ANY commentary on my images (offlist or on, good or bad as long as it is
> constructive.) Feedback doesn't seem to be overly forthcoming on LUG of
> late. (Or maybe my images have just sucked badly and everyone is trying to
> be too nice.)   :)
>

> Carpe Luminem,
> Michael E. Bérubé
> http://www.GoodPhotos.com

<<<

Michael,

IMHO the PAW concept has been too successful.  I'm simply overwhelmed the
the quantity (and overloaded an work and home) to respond to many of them.
I've enjoyed seeing your work, and the PAW work of many others.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com