Subject: RE: [Leica] model releases etc.
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:00:14 -0400

At 10:22 AM 5/22/01 -0400, you wrote:
>         The need for a model release, those that are saying that it is
>required to publish any image, are you all in Europe?  I am here in the
>states and it is my understanding that I only need a model release IF I am
>going to be using the image for advertising.  As far as fine art goes and
>putting the images in books, news papers, and galleries, a model release is
>not necessary in the United States of America.  Am I missing something?
>
>         Sam

Sam -

That's true unless the photo is a controversial subject - for example, drug
use, criminal activity, etc.  If you imply in your photograph or in the
context of the published photograph that the subject is engaged in a
controversial activity, you do need a model release.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com