Subject: Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 08:21:22 -0400

At 09:11 AM 5/22/01 +0200, you wrote:

>Note that if you use the Silverfast plug-in you can scan at 5400 dpi with
>the LS-2000 which gives an over 100Mb file. More than I would be interested
>in handling!

Robert,

Silverfast is interpolating to get 5400 dpi.  I used it, too, but get
better results with the actual 4000 dpi resolution of the LS-4000.

>Silverfast also allows you to focus the scanner on any part of the image and
>I have found the results to be very good.

You can also do this with the Nikon software.  Hold down control key (on
PC's) when you click on the focus feature and you get a crosshair that you
can put on any portion of the image to focus.  Nikon doesn't explain this
with the LS-2000 software, but does with the LS-4000.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from "mdelman" <mdelman@rochester.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation)