Subject: Re: [Leica] Ambivalance
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:55:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/01 7:01:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
david.rodgers@xo.com writes:

<< Every Leica user has passed through other camps at one time or
 the other and seen promises fall short.   >>

Nah. Well, almost nah. Started by borrowing my dad's llla (model G) w/ 50/2
Summar when I was 14 and headed for a summer working on a ranch in eastern
Idaho on the west slope of the Tetons. Have passed through lllc, lllf, M3,
multi M4s and M6s, R3MOT and R6. Only once drifted off the path, buying
Nikon F (roof prism, no meter) w/ 200/4 Nikkor in Hong Kong in 1967 ($95 for
the body, $85 for the lens). Sold them within four years. Nikon makes
excellent gear; the lenses didn't seem to my eye to have the "snap", some
quality that my Leica lenses have. Ah well.  Seth   LaK 9