Subject: Re: [Leica] Beat the Fungus
From: "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:37:28 +0100

Hi

Apparently the fungi in lenses, etc. cannot survive exposure to UV light. In
the past, when I lived in a hot high humidity area, I used to make sure that
all lenses were regularly exposed, caps off both ends, to some good old
daylight. I never had any problems. I have been told, but have no
confirmation, that one can also use a UV tube to achieve this effect.
Perhaps someone else on the list has tried this or knows what strength of UV
and for what length of time would be required.

Harold